Brand concept, packaging design, positioning and activation. Note: This project was part of a brand innovation project between Mars, Inc and Design B&B.
Seventh Wave appeals to the chocolate consumer looking for options outside of the traditional confection aisle and chocolate shop. Influenced by coffee and food sourcing trends, Seventh Wave is a socially-conscious, artisan brand that uses single-sourced cocoa. By highlighting local artisans on pack, the consumer experience is not only sweet but educational.
In-Store Positioning & Brand Activations
Seventh Wave would:
- Naturally nest between artisan cheeses and charcuterie items in a cooler unit.
- Live in its own branded set of display fixtures and also work well within exisiting store fixtures.
- Partner with online retailers as well as meal delivery boxes like Hello Fresh, Blue Apron or Plated.
- Align with like-minded brands that stand for fair trade, transparency and social good like Ten Thousand Villages, TOMS and Everlane.
- Donate a portion of the proceeds to CARE, a Mars’ official charity, plus other organizations that support women entrepreneurs and artisans