Brand concept, packaging design, strategic positioning and brand activation. Note: This project was part of a brand innovation project between Mars, Inc and Design B&B.
Seventh Wave appeals to the chocolate consumer looking for options outside of the traditional confection aisle and chocolate shop. Influenced by coffee and food sourcing trends, Seventh Wave is a socially-conscious, artisan brand that uses single-sourced cocoa. By highlighting local artisans on pack, the consumer experience is not only sweet but educational. Literal transparent packaging is paired with traditional artistic patterns from the cocoa country of origin. Each package has a label that features a handwritten “batch number” and “best by” date.
Strategic Positioning & Brand Activations
Seventh Wave would:
- Naturally nest between artisan cheeses and charcuterie items in a cooler unit.
- Live in its own branded set of display fixtures and also work well within exisiting store fixtures.
- Partner with online retailers as well as meal delivery boxes like Hello Fresh, Blue Apron or Plated.
- Align with like-minded brands that stand for fair trade, transparency and social good like Ten Thousand Villages, TOMS and Everlane.
- Donate a portion of the proceeds to CARE, a Mars’ official charity, plus other organizations that support women entrepreneurs and artisans